Baby shower favors

My mom is planning my baby shower and is stumped on what to do for favors. She'd like to keep the cost low so I was looking around for ideas on things she could make or purchase cheaply. Anyone seen anything cute lately?

spbeta

Asked by spbeta at 6:29 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• We did $5 gift cards to various locations ... i.e. Starbucks, Subway, etc.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:31 PM on May. 31, 2009

• my baby shower was in march and I had spring fever. it wasnt expensive to get the supplies at all! what I didnt have already, I got at michaels arts and crafts. I think there were 15 guests or so. I got each of them a small terra cotta pot (60 cents each) and bought a pack of wildflower seeds ($1). with fabric I already had I made little pouches for each guest and poured seeds in them, tied them with a ribbon and attached an "it's a boy" charm (pack of 18 I think... $2.99?). I provided paint and brushes and they could paint the pots before leaving! very simple and they had a little part of spring to bring home with them!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:37 PM on May. 31, 2009

• your looking for something like Oriental Trading?
    I went to Michaels and AC Moore and put together and decorated my own favor boxes. I was able to find a really cute ribbon on clearance and the boxes were on sale.
    Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 6:37 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Michaels can be great to get neat little things to make favors. Check their clearance and flyers have 40% off coupons.
    If you know if your baby is a boy or girl then you can make little favors with some tule, hershey's hugs and kisses, ribbon and paper. I got this idea somewhere online and used it for my little girls first b-day. Put a few hugs and kisses in the tule, tie with a ribbon and attach a tag saying, 'Thanks for coming! Hugs and Kisses Baby Boy/Girl'
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 4:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• This is probably way different than what you've ever heard/done before...my friend is having a "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Baby Shower". She doesn't want to ask for gifts, so to save everyone some money and also get more use out of items that may otherwise go to waste, she created a master list of all the things she needs and we're putting it in the invites (made from recycled paper). Everyone who wishes to bring a gift is strongly encouraged to bring something gently used. For party favors/game prizes, we're collecting different picture frames we've been finding at yard sales and thrift stores.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 8:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would go into a local craft store and look for ideas, try to get something useful, a cheesy pink or blue plastic bootie with those icky jordan almonds usualy gets tossed away....perhaps something nice like handmade bars of soap, candles, or even those gift jars filled with cookie or other dessert making ingredients in them.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009