For Prochoice Mommies...

This is a spinoff from a recent question..

If you believe that its "your body, your choice", what do you think about pregnant women who smoke? Whether it be cigarettes, marijuana, etc? What about drinking?

Their body, their choice, right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't believe ANY law should be made regarding women's rights to their own bodies. That is the most basic of human rights! If men were the ones that got pregnant there would be no question at all regarding this fundamental right.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:41 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Fundamentally, yes.

I don't agree with it though. But I would never pass a law that forced them to give it up. They know the risks, they're just stupid asses to do it while pregnant.

Pro-choice does not mean pro-abortion.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:32 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I agree whole heartedly with everything caitxrawks just wrote!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:33 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Yes it is their choice, one they should pair with the choice of getting an abortion.
    Anonymous

• caitxrawks seemed to say it for me.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 6:38 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Yes, it is their body and their choice. Bad choices, but it is THEIR CHOICE!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:39 PM on May. 31, 2009

• It is their choice but...
    how self-centered are they to basically say "I don't give a damn about this baby I'm going to do what I want anyway."
    My mom was a smoker and she quit while pregnant with me, lots of women care enough to do it. I don't want to hear "its too hard" do they think being a mom is easy?
    However; I do agree... I would not pass a law saying they had to quit, it just shows what kind of person they are.
    I'm pro-choice, that doesn't mean I'm going to get an abortion but I'm not going to tell you that you can't.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:43 PM on May. 31, 2009

• OP here- thanks for the answers ladies! I would always see this topic being debated in certain groups here on CM and I found it quite interesting and ironic that most of the mothers who thought smoking/drinking while pregnant should be illegal are also pro-choice. I personally dont believe anyone should smoke/drink while pregnant, but I also dont believe there should be laws against it.
    Anonymous

• Pro-choice is the same as pro-abortion. I don't know why people say that it's not. If you feel it's OK for someone to have an abortion or to have the choice to have an abortion, even though you wouldn't, you are still pro-abortion. You're just looking the other way instead of speaking out for the voiceless, innocent, unborn.

Anonymous

• To each their own. However~ if they THEN require Government funded programs to pay for health related services for them or their child because of the stupid choices they made, then I have no problem telling them my opinion. Which would be they are ignorant and do not deserve the honor of being a parent.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:57 PM on May. 31, 2009