Does anyone know anything about the Gastric Bypass surgery?

My Mom had it done on the 29th. After Surgery she had a fever, the Doctors said it was just because she had just had the surgery.... So now.. two days later she is running a fever again. I was wondering if I should be worried or if its just because she just recently had the surgery? She has an appointment tomorrow morning but still. Any Help?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 6:36 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Health

• Hmm.....im not sure about that. Ive done gastric bypass surgeries before, ive worked in surgery for 9 years, but it sounds like she might have an infection or something. I dont know why she would keep a fever....that sounds odd. But hey, im not a doctor, so best thing is to get them to answer. srry! hope everything is ok
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 6:44 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Def sounds like an infection .... I would maybe take her to the ER and get her checked out. Better safe than sorry.. infections spread pretty quickly, espically after surgery. best bet is to take her and get checked out... Good luck!
    Anonymous