baby acne

my son is 1 month old.... how or what can i do to get rid of it..

1sttymmom409

Asked by 1sttymmom409 at 6:40 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had it till he was 2 months old. The doctor said it would go away by itself and not to mess with it. It did!!
    aidensmyangel

Answer by aidensmyangel at 7:01 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i akways used aveno ezama lotion.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:34 PM on May. 31, 2009

• My son had it until he was 3 mounth but?.. i will go away I'm sure of it..
    Desiree09458

Answer by Desiree09458 at 7:42 PM on May. 31, 2009

• My son has it too at 7 weeks and the aveeno lotion is not for that.It made my sons 10 times worse and doc said its too greasy. There is really nothing to do but wash babys face very gently with a gentle soap like dove or aveeno oatmeal wash, twice a day.. I was told not to use the johnsons baby wash because it is drying and the acne is already drying and itchy...and ask doc about lotions because most say use nothing. Heat and fussiness make it worse, as does washing too much and greasy lotions.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:49 PM on May. 31, 2009

• my son had it and it went away on its own.
    Lvincent777

Answer by Lvincent777 at 8:40 PM on May. 31, 2009

• nothing. it's left over hormones from being when you were pregnant. all you can really do is wipe it gently with clean water and sit and wait, sometimes 4 or 5 months. don't try to pop or pick at it because it can cause scarring.
    my son had the worst case of baby acne that lasted almost 6 months and he has a patch of baby eczema on his cheek. poor kid has got my skin genetics. I hope your son's clears up sooner than that..
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 8:47 PM on May. 31, 2009

• You should leave it alone, all 3 of my kids had it. If you breastfeed that usually happens. Its your hormones in his body that are causing those little pimple looking things. You should never try to pop them. It could scar his face!! just leave them alone and they will go away on there own
    Anonymous

• My doc said it was common in boys....just wash with soap and water. So at bath time I did just that and it hasn't returned since
    Joy1Roberts

Answer by Joy1Roberts at 11:02 PM on May. 31, 2009

• My doc said it is normal for first 2 months - hormones. She said you can put 1% hydrocortisone cream on it, but not every day because it is a steroid. Only put it on the night before if you are having his 1 month pictures taken or something.
    leahs_mom_kate

Answer by leahs_mom_kate at 7:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2009