Family photos.

So, we'll be getting some professional photos taken when DH comes home for R&R. We have 2 boys. His son (my DSS) who is 3 1/2 yrs and my little brother that we are going to adopt who is 4 1/2 yrs. We are of course going to get a few group shots. And some shots of just me and DH and some shots of just the boys. ...but seeing as our family is still in transition (we've only been caring for my little brother for a month and a half. it'll be 3 months by the time we get the photos done) i'm having a hard time deciding on what other shots we should get.

one of me and my brother? and one of DH with DS?
or
one of both boys with me? and one of both boys with DH?

Or should we just do it all?

I know it might seem silly. Like why would i even want to split it up, right? But DH hasnt seen his son for a whole year. And my DH hasnt grown attached to my brother yet. I dont want to push anything on either my brother or DH

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 6:46 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• definitely get one of him with the boys...you can do an "All My Boys" page in your scrapbook and it would be really cute!
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 7:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• And i re posted this question here because i scrapbook. So, it's more then just what would be appropriate. I'm also trying to keep future scrapbooks in mind.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:46 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i would do him and the boys. and then him and the boys individually (him w/his son and w/your brother) then you with the boys and you individually. that way each child has a picture of their parent with them.
    as far as forcing it on them, i don't think it'd be an issue. unless your brother really does not like your DH. your DH should want to do individual pics with your brother if he wants to adopt him b/c it would be upsetting for your brother later in life to find out he didn't want to take a picture with him.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:03 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Ask your husband what he wants to do. That is the best indicator of what he is comfortable with. If he doesn't suggest a sitting with your brother, you could just ask him to do one with all of the boys. And you should definitely do one just you and your brother. You will be glad you did.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I agree with caspers but there is a program called smilebox that you can create all sorts of neat things like slide shows, scrap books greeting cards everything and either print it out or put it on a dvd and watch it on the t.v I made my mom one for mothers day and she loved it...
    Countrymommy03

Answer by Countrymommy03 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2009