Has anyone done something stupid when you were pregnant?

well i have i was selfish and had 2 glasses of wine. And my husband got relly mad, we faught and he kickt me out. So now im at my moms and so broken hearted cause he let me go just like that. I wasn't ready to be a single mom but who is. It brakes my heart cause never imagined to be a single mom. I'm not ready and I'm scared cause the love of my life just let me go. I know i was wrong and it's something i have live with for the rest of my life.
I wish i could turn back time, but i can't. I just want my husband to be their for me and my son every step of the way. I wan't him back in my life. I just don't know how.

Jess143637

Asked by Jess143637 at 6:48 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• imo, you messed up... he's probally pissed b/c you weren't thinking about the baby it was a selfish thing to do, but surley you two can work it out
    Anonymous

• did he officially leave you or is he just really pissed? I would think as you dont do that again it'll be ok. 2 glasses of wine, in your 9 months of pregnancy shouldnt harm the baby!
    Anonymous

• i'm sure this is something that can be worked out. hes upset b/c he felt you weren't taking care of his child the way you should have been.
    however, if all you had was 2 glasses of wine, than the baby should be fine. i had a glass or two of wine during both of my pregnancies, and the doctor told me it was fine as long as it was only the one or two glasses throughout the whole preg. not every week.
    i think you should give him some time to cool off, apologize and talk it out. but if he's really willing to throw out a marriage over you having a few glasses of wine, well then is it really worth it?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:56 PM on May. 31, 2009

• He'll get over it, he's just worried about the baby. Give him some time to cool down. You know what? It took me 4 1/2 months to quit smoking this time. We all make mistakes. You're carrying a child, that doesn't make you automatically perfect and I'm sure he'll realize that at some point.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 6:59 PM on May. 31, 2009

• pfft if a marriage breaks over two glasses of wine there's something wrong with it to begin with. he's got a problem somewhere else in the relationship if y'all get a divorce and he doesn't want to be with the child, what a ridiculous story, he'll get over it
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:02 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I don't blame him. He has every right to be upset with you. How would you feel if he did something stupid to put your child at risk? He doesn't have any control when you're pregnant so the only thing he can do in that situation is get out. ANY mother who is pregnant and puts the health of their child at risk just so they can drink a couple of glasses of wine is selfish. is 9 months really so long to go without a glass of wine? NOT FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR CHILD! you're responsible for that babies life and well being while you're carrying it.... He'll prolly get over it but he has every right in the world to be mad and leave.... I tell you right now I would
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 7:05 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Two glasses of wine isn't going to hurt the baby. It's not like your drinking a bottle of wine every single night. I'm sorry but that man sounds like a looser to lose it over two glasses of wine! If he's that uptight about the baby's safely then he really should have stopped and think about what the stress of kicking you out has done to the baby already!! Stress in any form is a pregnant woman's enemy. You haven't done anything wrong!! Ask your doctor about it!!

But as a few other posters pointed out.....maybe there is a lot going wrong in the relationship already. Is he really worth it? Is he really going to be that controlling to you and your baby? Is what he did normal to you, because that's not a normal response from an expecting father?!

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:15 PM on May. 31, 2009