anyone with a newborn

can you please measure your baby's waist for me...I'm making a newborn tutu and need the measurements. :) thanks !!!!

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:49 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd had one of those as a newborn, and she was a big baby (9lbs at birth), but it was made at 35 cm at the waist, with a long velcro piece that helped it attach and you could readjust the velcro to fit whatever size the baby was.
    Anonymous

• you can do it with a ribbon so that it can be adjusted to fit even as she gets bigger. Just fold a strip of tulle in half, fold it in half again over the ribbon so the loop and the 2 free ends meet then pull the free ends through the loop. I made my daughter one like that for Halloween last year and it turned out pretty cute and it only took a couple of hours to do.
    ps- it's easier to cut the tulle into strips if you roll it up and cut small widths of the tulle. when you unroll them all you will have lots of long strips to work with.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 8:39 PM on May. 31, 2009