Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

adult teething remedies?

I don't have dental insurance and my wisdom tooth is killing me. The gum is so swollen and sensitive. Is there anything to help it besides orajel -I hate that stuff? Will the pain subside after a while? If so, how long? My DD never had teething issues. But I hear some people let teething tablets dissolve directly on the baby's gum. Will that do any good for an adult? Will taking them help? I'm no baby, but I only weigh 90lbs if that matters.

Answer Question

Asked by jus1jess at 6:54 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Health

Level 14 (1,801 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • is it a wisdom tooth? if so it could be an abscess. especially if its swollen. and those are bad. thats why i had to have mine pulled. its a pocket of puss that forms where the tooth is coming in and its very painful. is your cheek swollen at all? if you have a heating pad try laying on that for a while but if the pain continues, you may need to see a doctor.

    Answer by Am17 at 7:06 PM on May. 31, 2009

  • When my husband had an impacted wisdom tooth, the dentist prescribed tylenol with codiene and it did not help. We had Hylands teeth tabs for our daughter, and the helped the pain.
    You may have an infection, and may possibly need an antibiotic.

    Answer by rkoloms at 7:07 PM on May. 31, 2009

  • You can rub clove oil on it.. Dilute it a bit and see how that helps...I guess you could u se olive oil to dilute it. :) I've never done that, for more info

    Answer by Emmoney at 7:40 PM on May. 31, 2009

  • Take some liquid Advil and rub it directly on your tooth. Works better than Orajel. Also, your wisdom tooth could be impacted and need to be removed. I would go see a dentist, consults are usually under $100, good luck!!

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:59 PM on May. 31, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.