How Can You Be There for your kid even if the father is in jail?..

Humm...
My Boyfriend went to jail for domestive Victimes..Bacuse he choked me An I called the cops.is that a bad thing?..I mean I did not mean to do it... I was kind of scard! beause he threten me! and I cant live with out him he's the only one that helped me out on babby stuff every week! what should i do?. i also dont have a car to get from here to ther and some time's i cant eat cause my mom dose not have that much food to go around??..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• if your BF chocked you you need to leave him. ...seriously. ...get out. NOW.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:02 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Even when you have no job and you live in a big family with varry little food and no one can help you get on your feet..
    Desiree09458

Answer by Desiree09458 at 7:20 PM on May. 31, 2009

• "I mean I did not mean to do it"- YOU ARE NOT THE ONE WHO DID SOMETHING WRONG HE IS! Stay away from him while he is in jail, call the domestic violence hotline to find out what supports are in your area, use this time to realize that YOU DESERVE BETTER and get stronger emotionally so that when he gets out of jail you won't think you need him. You may think you need his support but you will be surprised at what you can do when you set your mind to it. I left my ex with a bag of clothes each for me and my son, not one cent and no job but we made it one day at a time and a little family help
    Think of this this is why I left-
    IF YOU HAVE A GIRL AND STAY YOUR DAUGHTER WILL LEARN THAT IS HOW A WOMAN IS SUPPOSED TO BE TREATED AND FIND HERSELF AN ABUSER WHEN SHE STARTS DATING!
    IF YOU HAVE A BOY AND STAY YOUR SON WILL LEARN THAT HE IS SUPPOSED TO HIT WOMEN AND POSSIBLY EVEN THAT HE SHOULD HIT YOU WHEN HE IS MAD AND WILL BE AN ABUSER
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:49 PM on May. 31, 2009

• you didn't mean to get help to protect yourself from a man who was harming you? Wtf? Get on food stamps. You can live with mom and have them if you fix your meals separately. Get on welfare if you need money and cant' get a job. Get on Section 8 if you need a home of your own. There are things you can do to improve your life without depending on an abusive jerk to drive you around. If he's your bd then file for child support from him or from the father. Take a bus. I just gave my car away bc they are too expensive to maintain so I walk or ride the bus. They even have a bus pick up service (like a taxi) that is cheap and run by the county transportation system. There are ways you can function without him. Call the domestic violence shelter and have them hook you up with all the services you need to get along fine without him and do NOT apologize to him for calling the police. U did nothing wrong. HE DID = why he's in jail

Answer by admckenzie at 9:41 PM on May. 31, 2009