i just found out i had a molar pregnancy on tuesday they ended up doing a d&c later that day and i have to have check ups every week with my doctor for a year. has any one else had a molar pregnancy? how long did u wait to have another? im thinking of trying again in about 6 weeks

Tracey1988

Asked by Tracey1988 at 7:17 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First I am so sorry for your loss. I have lost 3 babies and I know how hard it is to be going through this right now, and my thoughts are with you. second, I would wait a bit loinger that 6 weeks because you had a D&C. I had to have one with one of my losses, and I am sure they explained it to you, but the scrape away the lining of your uterus too, and it can leave it very inflamed and raw in there for up to 3-4 months sometimes, making it hard to have a baby implant on it, and if one does, it increases the risk that you will miscarry again because your uterine lining hasn't fully grown back to support a new embryo and allow aplacenta to adhere to it. I would give it a bit more time, instead of chancing something else bad happening. Third, why are you going back every week for a year? I have never heard of that before, and would be asking alot of questions to your Dr as to why he is wanting that. Good luck hon.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:26 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I'M very sorry for your lost...I never heard of that before I just looked it up online I have never had that kind of pregnancy but with my first pregnancy I had a ( blighted ovum ) I was young it was hard for me tho ..I waited 3 months and got pregnant I now have 3 kids and my 5 months pregnant... good luck !
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 7:31 PM on May. 31, 2009

• HELLO! My name is Alexa. I had 2 partial molar pregnancies I lost 3 babies.. and I got Gestational Trophoblastic disease and it reacurred and I actually had a malignancy. But I would wait longer than six weeks. You will have to get routine blood work May even be a year you have to do that. Just be patient. I know it is hard. After all I went through I had my second baby 8 months ago after 3 years of this mess! I am so sorry! But email me anytime plz! I know what you are going through! Robertsalexa@rocketmail.com!! God Bless!
    AlexaRhea21

Answer by AlexaRhea21 at 8:25 PM on May. 31, 2009

• You do the blood work to monitor your HCG levels. If they go down fine after a year you can TTC. If they go up it usually means you have what is called Gestational Trophoblastic Disease. You would then be referred to an oncologist and would do a light chemotherapy agent like Methotrexate. just an injection every week.. (no hair loss) and if that does not work another D&C may be performed and then stronger chemo.. Do not be shocked if they do a chest X ray on you. All this is for your health and safety! I know. I went through it it is very hard. My prayers are with you!
    AlexaRhea21

Answer by AlexaRhea21 at 8:28 PM on May. 31, 2009