if your pregnant and the father is allergic to shellfish should i not eat it in case the baby might be?

this is my first baby and im not sure if i can eat shellfish or not cause im not allergic but my husband is! and what kind of foods should i stay away from?

LisaZayas

Asked by LisaZayas at 7:20 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well thats a tuff one. Because when your preg anything you or the father is allergic to the baby could be. Then again the baby could be fine and not be allergic to shell fish... My sister in law is allergic to bananas can't even cut them but both her girls love bananas and don't have a problem with them so idk that a good and hard question. I would say if your worried don't eat it or ask the doctor what he/she thinks. Good Luck
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 7:49 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i don't think you're suppose to eat shellfish while pregnant but I always got confused about it
    i'ld ask someone who specializes in allergies
    usually if one of the parents or sibling is allergic to something you wait longer to give it to the child
    paula405

Answer by paula405 at 7:55 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i thought you couldnt eat seafood when preg but i also thought a baby developing in the womb couldnt be allergic to anything right now.. or what have an allergic reaction...?? that doesnt sound rihgt..
    Anonymous

• im in the same boat. my hubby is allergic to shellfish and i had shrimp the other day and was perfectly fine. so was the baby, i asked the doctor and she said it was okay to eat. so its up to you.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2009