I love going to thrift stores and garage sales. Does anyone else like them?

Sometimes my friends and co-workers ask me what I did over the weekend and when I tell them I went to garage sales they give me funny looks. I have gotten alot of things that were brand new/good condition.

I don't see nothing wrong with it.

2lovables

Asked by 2lovables at 7:22 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They give you funny looks? Are they out of their minds?!?!?! Garage sales are the best!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:25 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I love a bargain! I don't know why people look down of bargain shopping. If you wash something a couple of times it is used, and looks that way. I shop these places especially for baby clothes, because they wear them for such a short time, most used baby clothes are in great condition.
    I just bought a brand new pair of pants for myself, with tags still attached, for two dollars at a yard sale the other day. Can't beat that!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:26 PM on May. 31, 2009

• yes I love them although I hate when you see a sign and its looks like it was just put up and you take 15 turns following them just to find out it was last weekend errrrr...people please put dates on signs LOL

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 7:47 PM on May. 31, 2009

• There's nothing wrong with it. I really like country items and I went to a garage sale and found a primitive shelf for a dollar. Can't beat that.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 7:54 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Nothing wrong with it at all. I don't usually do garage sales because they start early in the morning and the good stuff is usually gone by the time I get there... but I swing by Goodwill now and then, and I've bought tons of used stuff on craigslist. Enjoy your bargain-hunting and forget the snobs.
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 7:57 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I LOVE USED STUFF! DD wears the nicest clothes - Baby Nay, Baby Lulu, Lipstick, Gymboree, and it's all used, excellent condition, and CHEAP! We also bought her that really durable hard plastic outdoor toys for $10 for the castle with slide and swing and $10 for a climber with a slide. I mainly do Ebay though.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 7:58 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I love yard sales. I went to one over the weekend and I mentioned how I needed clothes because I lost so much weight. The lady ended up giving me everything she had for free. Real nice stuff too.

I find a lot of stuff with tags still on them at the Salvation Army.
    Anonymous

• I use to work at a resale shop for kids. I have to say I had never shopped at one before I got that job. I love them! My boss would only take the best clothing with an occasional stained shirt or two that was priced "as is"...some moms would buy them as "play clothes" for their kids to use when outside in the yard/dirt etc....We sold alot of name brand articles of clothing too, roxy, juicy couture, hollister, ambercrombie..etc....I, personally am not into the name brand thing. I buy cheap, however I did snag a cute little roxy skirt with a little heart on it for my 4 yrold daughter because it still had the tags on it..was never worn! I only paid 5 bucks for that skirt! LOL

I get excited when i find a good bargain. And garage sales...they rock! :) we don't have many out here, but when i lived back in indiana i went to my fair share of garage/yard sales. I miss them! :(
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 8:23 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I love thrift stores and garage sales. They closed one of the biggest thrift stores we have here and I was so sad. I have bought my son so many clothes that has grown out of or ruined and it doesn't hurt me as much as if it would if I had paid retail. I look at it as getting hand me downs from a friend.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 9:14 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i practically live at my local goodwill. i got brand new tab top curtains for 1$, a comforter and matching shams in new condition for 5$....and i could go on... that was last wk, no telling what i will find next week....
    devonsmom

Answer by devonsmom at 9:23 PM on May. 31, 2009