Why dose my son cry?.

why dose my son cry then when i go to him he's happy all over agian.it happen's every time i walk away from his bed.. what should i do?

Desiree09458

Asked by Desiree09458 at 7:44 PM on May. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• let him cry. he's testing you. both my boys did the same thing. he needs to learn that at bed time its timeto go to sleep. Put him in his bed then walk away. Let him cry for how ever long you are comfortable with, if he hasnt stopped then go back in there lay him back down and do it all over again. the fitst coupld of nights will be a little rough but it works! trust me!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 7:48 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Don't go back to his bed. You probably need to just let him cry it out because he just wants his mommy at all times!! Darn babies! Always wanting everything. J/k. Anyway....maybe he just learned that you always come to the rescue. Try a few times to go back once to make sure nothing is really wrong and the next time wait it out longer....and do that with 1 min, 2 min, 3 min...and finally it will disappear! He will eventually forget about it hopefully!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 7:50 PM on May. 31, 2009

• well, it depends on how old he is. ...if he is older then a year, i agree with the firs two posts. let him CIO.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:54 PM on May. 31, 2009

• your profile says that he's 3 months. at that age your pretty much a God in his eyes. you feed him, change him, talk to him and make everything better. he's too young to cry it out, he doesn't understand why you don't respond, his world revolves around you.
    if he's tired but won't sleep, try holding and rocking him after you feed him then when he is drowsy or asleep put him to bed with something that smells like you like a shirt. also try sleeping with one of his blankets for a few nights to get your scent on it then give it to him to sleep with, that worked with both my kids.
    He may not be tired though. he's not too young to read to or play simple baby games like peek-a-boo. try that or just put him in a bouncy seat or swing and let him see the world around him, including you.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 8:12 PM on May. 31, 2009

• He's 3 months old! He's not testing you - he really wants you!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:17 PM on May. 31, 2009

• he wants his mommy! dont CIO at 3 months,..like the PP said you're a god in his eyes you make everything better for him..just go to him.rock him,.love on him.hes too young to CIO.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 8:43 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Why don't you want to cuddle your baby? He'll grow up so fast. He NEEDS you! He doesn't even know how the whole "I cry, mommy comes" thing works at 3 months old.
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:19 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Wow, I love it when people try to rationalize what a baby cries about. A 3 month old doesn't KNOW what abandonment is. He knows that he is uncomfortable or hungry , tired , bored, etc. He is too little understand complicated feelings. Personally I would pick him up and cuddle with him but after trying everything I could think of, I might let him cry for a little bit. Sometimes, babies need to cry. It is good for lung development. I also wouldn't let him cry for more than 10 minutes at a time without picking him up. By the way, my pediatrician told me that is OK to let little ones cry for a little bit. They aren't going to have problems when they grow older if you let them cry.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 5:08 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• etsmom I agree 100%. I have 5 kids and I loved them plenty. I rocked them and soothed them. But at times you have done everything possible and it will not kill your baby to cio a bit. Not for long periods of time but awhile. Go back every few mins and reasure him/her but don't pick him up. They need to learn to self soothe or you will be in this trap forever. IMO rocking them too sleep every night is a rookie mistake. Just because your baby sleeps in his or her own bed does not mean you don't love your baby.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009