Is it normal for breast milk to come out after 4 months of not breast feeding?

I breast fed my baby for about 2 weeks and then I stopped. I didn't get any milk again until sometime this month. It began with very small droplets of milk and today I saw that the left side of my bra had been soaked with breast milk. Why am I getting this sudden gush of breast milk?

Miss-Baby-Baker

Asked by Miss-Baby-Baker at 7:46 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My SIL tried to BF her DD for 2 weeks then gave up but she didnt stop leaking milk for about 9 months almost a year. It just depends of the woman. You can go to the Dr and get pills that will make you stop lactating.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 7:50 PM on May. 31, 2009

• It's not that it happens often. This was the first time since I quit that I got this huge gush of milk. I also wonder why it's only coming out of one breast.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 7:55 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Mine do the same. I have more breast milk in one breast than the other.. sometimes there is none in the other. It takes a while to dry up. I have had milk in my breasts for four years! I also have been pregnant four times but my daughter is almost 9 months old and even though I did not breastfeed her I still have milk. Everyone's body is different I think. So it is normal.
    AlexaRhea21

Answer by AlexaRhea21 at 8:20 PM on May. 31, 2009