How do you get rid of hiccups?

He's only 5 days old... so water is out of the question.
My mom says to give him formula... but that'll just make him spit up, right? since he only gets them after eating.

emmetsmom09

Asked by emmetsmom09 at 7:49 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no just give him a little bit of formula and that should work. that worked for my daughter and it is working so far for my son (hes 10 days old) they won't eat alot since they are full, but usually about half an ounce or an ounce will stop the hiccups.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:55 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I wouldn't worry too much about hiccups. First, it only bothers you! :) Second, hiccups are good exercise for growing lungs since those are one of the last things to develop.

In other words, hiccups are a good thing! Even if we can't stand them! :)
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 8:39 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Gripe water worked wonders for my son.....
    Joy1Roberts

Answer by Joy1Roberts at 10:57 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Sorry, didn't read he was 5 days old....formula should work for now. When older, try gripe water
    Joy1Roberts

Answer by Joy1Roberts at 10:58 PM on May. 31, 2009