what would you do???

i was at walmart ans after we checked out i slipped on something and fell and hit both my head and back pretty hard. then as i was trying to get back up i fell again and hit both my head and back, then i tried to get up a third time and fell and hit my leg and twisted my ankle. finnally the man behinde me and the check out ladie managed to get me up. they had me fill out a report, but i'm not sure were to go from next. should i just leave it as it is or do something, and what could i do if i do do something. any help would be thankfull

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 8:02 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Umm...go to the doctor??

Or do you mean you are hoping you can sue Wal-Mart?
    misselphaba

Answer by misselphaba at 8:03 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i personally would just have asked to speak with the manager and brought up the fact that you fell twice before someone tried to assist you, and it was their fault you fell in the first place. that would be what pissed me off.
    as for doing something, if you have to go to the doctor you could file a claim through their insurance so yours doesn't have to cover it.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:03 PM on May. 31, 2009

• You have fun trying to sue Wal-Mart.
    Anonymous

• are you hurt? if yes go to Dr.
    Anonymous

• ouch! I fell at work once and hit my head and I felt like I had been in a car wreck by the next day! You should def go to the doctor to be checked out and to have a CT or MRI of your head just to be sure. Then if anything is wrong or even if nothing is wrong, you can pursue Walmart to cover the costs of your medical bills and maybe pain and suffering.....if thats what you want to do.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 8:10 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Get to a doctor ASAP for an examination so your injuries are documented and the incident itself is documented. Get a copy the medical record for future reference. Contact the manager of the store and ask how to go about reimbursement for your medical costs and ask for a copy of the incident report (you may not get it but your lawyer could if you needed it in the future). Keep a detailed record of you doctor's visits, bills incurred as a result. If you need to pay for anything out of pocker or prescriptions, keep the receipts. Since you hit your head, it is advisable to have a doctor see you today if possible, even if you have to go to the emergency room. Do not expect the store to give you advice. Contact a lawyer if you have any suspicion that you will not be compensated for you bills.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:48 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Go back to the store, they should have sent you to the doctor, just for safety sake. Ask for the store manager and insist that you be checked out. If you go on your own then Wal-mart is not liable for your costs. I used to be on the safety team and they dropped the ball if they did not offer to call an ambulance and get you to a doctor. Never the less the paper work was done, your claim will stay open for a while but you want to get it checked out now.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:50 PM on May. 31, 2009

• do what teamquinn suggested. just don't let them try to get out of it because they will try. the money spent on your incident will affect the stores bottom line at the end of the fiscal year and that will affect the bonuses for the entire store. just that you filled put the paperwork will affect their bonuses. stay on top of them and don't let them weasel out of anything at all.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 9:31 PM on May. 31, 2009

• The others gave good advice, just remember though, if you are truly hurt then get help, but if your just wanting to sue, then remember Karma is a bitch and one day a kid may break a leg walking in your house and the parents could sue you.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:58 PM on May. 31, 2009