Natural vs. Learned!

I realzied that this mothering thing doesn't come natural for us all. I wanted so much to be one of those mothers like Kate Gossling, who just seemed so naturally great at it. For me it takes work! My mother really wasn't around in my teenage years and I feel this affects my parenting in a big way, however most of my issues are my own. I know that I am a great mother, and I put my kids first. I just realize that it takes effort for me to be paitent, and understanding , you know all the things that mother's are. I personally get really stressed out and then I become disconnected and reclusive. Therapy is definetly something that I am seriously looking into, because it is through my parenting that I realize that I need to do some serious soul searching, am I the only one??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You sound like a pretty normal mother to me. We all doubt whether or not we are good parents, making good decisions. Are we too firm? Too soft? It is never ending.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:33 PM on May. 31, 2009

• very true.. also i am always comparing myself to other mothers i know... that is a major bad idea...

all we can do is be the best mother we can be! and yes occasionally that means putting your self first...

i dont feel bad when i have to pop in a veggie tales cartoon and take a 15 min break away from the kids, makes me relaxed and ready for more play time...

just remember a good momma needs momma time!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 8:37 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Sometimes it comes naturally but there are things that have to be learned. No one becomes a parent knowing all there is to know and does it right the first time.
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 8:49 PM on May. 31, 2009

• It's Kate Gosselin, and I know the feeling. I felt the same way right before I had my son, but as soon as he was born everything kind of fell into place. I had a lot of experience with kids my whole life growing up, so that helps.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 8:58 PM on May. 31, 2009