Does anyone else suffer from TMJ?

I suffer from TMJ and get lots of headaches due to my jaw hurting. Anyone else suffer from this too? What did you do about it? I don't think I can sleep with a mouthguard.

sbrast35

Asked by sbrast35 at 8:33 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Health

• OMG yes...very bad. I get tons of headaches from it. My jaw pops with every bite i chew. It is so annoying and painful. There is a TMJ specialist in our town but i just havent went there yet. I work in a Ear nose and throat clinic and my doctor gives some people a muscle relaxer and also ibuprofen 800 mg 3 times a day for 10 days straight on both......but for people with bad TMJ, it wont solve the problem it will just help for a little bit.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 8:45 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Yes I have it bad!!!!! I get awful headaches and sometimes I feel like it actually hurts my jaw to even talk or I find it difficult to talk. I hear there are many ways to treat it. I know one of them in braces. Been in those twice and not going that route! I wear a guard every night that I remember to where it. It helps in most cases. I dont bother to see anyone about it I just deal with the pain. When its really bad I just take Advil and try to relax and not to talk for awhile. I notice it more when i feel really stressed!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:39 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I don't but my aunt did. She had to have her jaw surgically broken and rewired. It was the only thing that worked for her. Talk to a dentist because I am sure each case is different. Good luck!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:57 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i have it bad. since. i get alot of pain on my right side, sometimes if i open my mouth to wide to floss, my mouth gets stuck open. i dont have dental insurance so theres no way mine can be treated
    Anonymous

• oh and i cant eat steak, or chew gum or ill be in pain for days =(
    Anonymous