when is it ok to take a test for a positive result and how long do u have to wait. also what is the best product name to test?

my period is due sat me and my partner have been having sex every day without protection hoping to conceve. i have a 28 day cycle... ohh and when do i ovulate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol, you ovulate when you ovulate, usually after your period. save your money and wait for your period to come and test if it doesn't within a week. as long as you're not drinkin or smokin it doesn't matter if you find out a few days either way
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:38 PM on May. 31, 2009

• it depends, some women make more of the hcg hormone early on. i did. i tested with first response, the most sensitive test that i know of, 8 days before i even got my period and i got a faint positive. but any line, even a faint one, means you're pregnant. i kept testing every few days, and now i am about 5 weeks pregnant, so the early test was accurate! go to www.peeonastick.com its a great site with info about the most sensitive tests and pictures of positives
    kylismomma

Answer by kylismomma at 8:56 PM on May. 31, 2009

• If you are on a 28 day cycle you ovulate around day 14, say you start the 10th, well about 14 days after that you ovulate, if the egg does not fertilize you will start your period about another two weeks after that which equals 28 days. Best time to test if 5 days after your missed periord, test in the morning, your urine is the most concentrated at that time. EPT never lied to me.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:29 PM on May. 31, 2009

• My pregnancy test pooped up positive the next day after my period was supposed to start (and never did). I used First Response. For best result, use your first morning urine.
    Bryans_Mom

Answer by Bryans_Mom at 10:05 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i did alot of research when I was trying to conceive my daughter and the FIRST RESPONSE is supposedly the most sensitive pregnancy test, even more sensitive then the digital ones. Even though they CAN pick up the pregnancy hormone, HCG, as early as 5 days before your period, it is very unaffective at that point. I would wait until at least the day AFTER your missed period. There typically is no reason to suspect that you are pregnant before you miss your period and if there is, its usually all in your head:( I tested 1 day, 3 days, 5 days, 7 days and FINALLY got a possitive 11 days after my missed period with my first. My second I wait and tested at 12 days late and got a positive. This time I tested the day after (the first pregnancy I was NOT TTC and I freaked) my missed period and got a positive!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:44 PM on May. 31, 2009

• CLEAR BLUE DIGITAL lol easiest thing in the world i thought i wasnt pregnant hubby said i was i took the test and it practically screamed at me lol now i recommend that one to everyone else haha
    MarineWife09

Answer by MarineWife09 at 11:14 PM on May. 31, 2009