How do you play with your 3 month olds?

Patty cake gets boring for my twins, and just talking and rocking and walking is all we do. They cant really grasp anything so toys are kinda hard. We have wrist rattles but they dont even notice them when we put them on. I feel bad because sometimes i just put them in their swing and put music on. They are starting to talk too and smile and occasionally laugh. Were constantly talking to eachother, but it gets to be soooooooooo much just talking and i want to play...lol. What do u do with your 3 month old? By the way, they were preemies, born at 35 weeks. I know that has something to do with the development and milestones.

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 8:46 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Congrats on your twins. How fun. Are you sleeping yet? By three months of age, babies eyes are able to focus on objects both near and far away. Making lots of funny faces to them gets them very intrigued. They will like looking at the toys even tho they can't hold them yet, especially the toys with high contrasting colors. All three of my kids really started loving the Baby Einstein videos around that time too. It is a great activity for them for a few minutes while you jump in the shower, or put in a load of dishes or laundry. I would put them in the vibrating bouncy seats and they would start kicking their legs to the music. It is never to early to start reading big, bright books to them either. Enjoy your precious time with your babies!!!
    amynic

Answer by amynic at 9:48 PM on May. 31, 2009

• my son didnt really have an interest in toys or stuff to grab till he was about 5 m/o. at 3 m/o other than hand games or nursery rhymes I played a lot of peek-a-boo and it never got old for him! one day out of nowhere he initiated the game! it was an awesome moment. I also made up songs over the simplest things, like while doing the dishes lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:48 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I soooo miss playing with my 3 month old babies, now 12 and 22. Time flies and before you know it you'll be playing video games. enjoy anything you can do with them!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 8:50 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I lay mine on her floor gym and play with her. She's just starting to show interest. Most babies at this age get more kicks out of listening to you talk or watching your face and mouth as you talk. It may not be "fun" but I love watching her get a huge smile on her face when I'm talking to her and she "talks" back. (Mine's almost 3 months.)
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 8:55 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Like PP, enjoy these moments!!!! You will NEVER get them back! I even tape recorded my LO when she first started making cooing noises! :) aawwww... .babies!!! =)
    Any way, :) hand gestures are the biggest thing. Right now, you and them are getting to know each other. You are their FAVORITE toy/companion! What ever you do with them, they love!! :)
    Play piggies (toes) or show them their eyes and yours, their nose and yours, their moths and yours and KISS! :) My LO loves that. After a while they will anticipate the kiss and eventually will be able to tell you where their eyes, nose and mouth are. Use your hand to point out features and then theirs.
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 8:57 PM on May. 31, 2009

• My 3 month old is not interested in anything other than people. She loves to look at faces and just smile. I will put bright colorful things in front of her so she can look at things and be interested in other things. I put her on her tummy and ley on the floor with her. I will put her on her back with the toys that go over them and let her play. She likes looking at lights. We have a baby einstein toy that has bright lights for her. There are not many things that you can do other than talk and smile with them. They are too young. But that's all they really want right now, is some attention.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:41 PM on May. 31, 2009