• In the Spotlight:

not believing in daycare

if you hate daycare and dont want your child in it at all how do you work for a living? what if the grandparetns cant watch your kid and u need to work what do u do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on May. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• my husband works thats how
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:59 PM on May. 31, 2009

• OH lucky you..
    Anonymous

• My husband busts his butt.

If we weren't together and I had to work, I'd have no other choice. But since I'm fortunate enough to have a choice...they will be HOME with me =)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:03 PM on May. 31, 2009

• At one point I wanted to try to avoid daycare and we had babysitters... friends, friends of friends... they were all horrible disasters. Now my kids are in daycare and I actually feel much more comfortable with that.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 9:04 PM on May. 31, 2009

• My dh and I worked different shifts for many years. Now I am SAHM cuz he got better job, also make sacrifices.
    Anonymous

• Im a single mother of two and currently work at home (which is NOT cutting it!). I have no other choice BUT to put my children into a daycare. All of my family works, so asking them to watch them is not in question. Daycares are GREAT as long as you do your research. Daycares teach children social and interaction skills with other children. If those who dont believe in daycares end up having spoiled bratty teens who cant learn how to share or fathom anyone disagreeing with them, then thats their fault.
    Anonymous

• My Dh works night shift, 11PM to 7AM, and I work three mornings a week - he gets home and I go to work. If I had to put the kids in daycare, it would pretty much eat any salary I got and it wouldn't be worth it to us. The money that I get from my part-time job is for extras, and not something we need to survive. We may not have all the nice things that someone who has a full two-income home does, but we're happy with our choices and that's what matters!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 9:08 PM on May. 31, 2009

•  If those who dont believe in daycares end up having spoiled bratty teens who cant learn how to share or fathom anyone disagreeing with them, then thats their fault.

Daycares do not prevent that, lol.  This is called "parenting". 

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:08 PM on May. 31, 2009

• My kids go to daycare/preschool 3 days per week, but I'm reducing to 2 days per week for the summer. Luckily my work is very flexible and I can work from home the other days.

*For us* daycare has been WONDERFUL for my kids in so many ways. Its fun, educational, social, lots of arts and crafts, sign language, field trips, etc....just fabulous. Way more than I could give my kids alone.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:08 PM on May. 31, 2009

• How can you not believe in daycare? It's not the Easter Bunny. It's something you can not support or dislike.
    Anonymous