Should I ask SIL instead of waiting on DH to do it?

DH and I are wanting to ask hubby's sister if their Dad can stay with her for a while. He's been living with us, but we expected him to have his own place by now. The thing is, DH is reluctant to ask her because she's very selfish. He said its his own fault because he offered for him to stay here and we can't "kick him out." I don't see it as "kicking him out." We both thought he'd have his own place by now. Since we are going to have our baby very soon, (by c-section) its going to be difficult for me to assist him with all the things he needs to do. And it'll be ME having to do it, since DH will be at work. FIL hasn't even begun to look for a place to live, won't take his medicine, and has been in the hospital twice for not doing so. So should I just talk to SIL myself? I don't want to cause drama, but we need some help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• i would tell him one last time you do it right now or i'm going too. i do it often with my husband cause he likes to put things off. he really needs to start thinking about your needs over his father no matter what his reasons are. if he doesn't then you know and he knew.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:43 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Ya call your SIL up. She needs to step-up and help you two out also. Your not trying to start drama your gonna have a baby soon and it's time for FIL to move he's feet and get back on them. You can't let him float on you two. You have done you share it's time for someone else so you and your DH can get ready for baby : )

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:08 PM on May. 31, 2009

• yep, call her now

Answer by admckenzie at 9:21 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Yes, you need to make the call.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:35 PM on May. 31, 2009