has anyone had bleeding hemrroids?

sorry so personal but I have dealt with hemrroids for the last year. Just recently they have started to bleed. I have taken a stool softener to help with passing a bowel.

What type of doctor do I see for this? Just my normal family doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Health

• I had them for several months & they've been gone for a month or so now. (I am SO glad! I couldn't pass a bowel w/o blood and pain.) I used Dulcolax & pain reliever to help w/ it.

But what REALLY helped me is Smooth Moves. It's an herbal tea that I found at Target. It's a natural stool softener that you drink @ night & then you go very easily in the morning. But be careful, it's very easy to become dependent on it. You're not supposed to use it for more than 2 weeks at a time. I did & I couldn't go w/o it. Until one day, my body just regulated itself. Smooth Moves was the only think that helped me, though! Give it a try! It tastes just like regular tea, too.
    Anonymous

• Yes just see your regular dr... There isnt anything dr. can do for you that im aware of, unless they are serious & need surgery... All they will do is tell you how to change your diet/ exersize more to stimulate bowels more & tell you what kind of softer to take to help out... :(
    I had them during pregnant & for about a year afterward. They suck so bad! :( cant wait to get pregnant with #2 but I am not looking forward to the hemroids again!
    -Try upping fiber (slowly!!) & LOTS OF WATER! Walk more/ exersize.... try taking seltzer bath & Preperation H (tip:put it in the fridge!)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:25 PM on May. 31, 2009

• See a doctor. I had one removed with simple out-patient surgery and have had no trouble with bleeding since .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 2:56 AM on Jun. 2, 2009