Abortion?!?!?!?!?!?

There is always question after question about abortion on this site. Most of the questions come from pro-lifers who want explanations for why pro-choicers feel the way that they do or pro-choicers giving scenarios to try to show pro-lifers their P.O.V. My question, and I am pro-choice, myself, is a simple one...Why bother? Nothing that I can say as a pro-choicer will make a pro-lifer change his/her stance/beliefs and nothing that a pro-lifer says is going to change the stance/beliefs of someone who is pro-choice so when do we throw in the towel? When do we stop the bickering? When do we realize that this is an issue that we will have to agree to disagree about and stop having the same debate with the same players over and over again?

blakebrm

Asked by blakebrm at 9:14 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think it's true that people will never change their stance on this issue, because I did.

I used to be extreeeeeeeemely pro-life. But I was also Christian then as well. Either way, I was very misguided about it all and I only thought about it from my personal POV

As I grew older and wiser, I realized a lot of things. Like, just because I wouldn't make a certain choice, that doesn't mean that someone else shouldn't have the right to; and it doesn't automatically make them a bad person.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• right on!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:15 PM on May. 31, 2009

• When the world ends is when the debate will end
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 9:16 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Im prolife, and I dont push my beliefs on ANYONE. I have to agree with your post.. Its only making us prolifers look worse and worse.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:17 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Ahh, but it's so much fun to see others let their true selfs shine through because the debate is not going the way they expected,lol. Your right, it will never be settled, but you never know when you might type something that gives somone that "Hmm" moment.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 9:18 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I thinks it's been done to death here in answers, I wouldn't mind going down another path for awhile!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:21 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Why bother? Nothing that I can say as a pro-choicer will make a pro-lifer change his/her stance/beliefs and nothing that a pro-lifer says is going to change the stance/beliefs of someone who is pro-choice so when do we throw in the towel? When do we stop the bickering? When do we realize that this is an issue that we will have to agree to disagree about and stop having the same debate with the same players over and over again?

I agree there is nothing I can say to someone who is anti life like you that will change you mind either. I want to save the unborn you think they should be killed. We do agree on one thing this argument is pointless.
    Anonymous

• *Think, not thinks! lol
    stacymomof2

• ANON:21, you are a prime example of everything that a pro-lifer should be against. Your representation of them is horrid. I am by no means pro-abortion as I would never recommend abortion as a first option. I just feel that it should be an option. We do agree on one thing...no matter what I say your ignorance will never change.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 9:26 PM on May. 31, 2009

• If people can't understand the "why bother" in the first place, i doubt they'll understand this question.

Ultimately, I do not think people THINK they CAN change someone's views, I just think people like to say what they feel and try to prove themselves right. and let's face it, cafemoms love to bicker!!!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 9:27 PM on May. 31, 2009