Have you even been happy that you were NOT pregnant??

I am a single mother, and the father of my daughter is very involved in her life. We hook up every now and then, but we're definitely not in a dating relationship (with each other or anyone else).

Well we didn't use protection one night. My period was late, and I freaked out because I thought I might be pregnant. As much as I enjoyed being pregnant the first time, I just do not want to have another baby without being married or at least being in a committed relationship with a man who is living in the home with me. I think it's unfair and irresponsible (for ME), to keep bringing babies into the world without a solid father figure in the home.

Well I found out I wasn't pregnant, and boy was I relieved!! I definitely learned my lesson: get on birth control!!

What do you think? Have you ever felt like I feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• yep, I was 19 it was actually about 4 months before I did get pregnant with my son. && I agree with anon 8:45, I wasn't particularly happy when I found out I was pregnant I cried that whole day, b/c I was so scared that I wouldn't have enough money to support him. I knew that I could be a good mom, but I never intended to have a child so young [[20]], or with the guy I was with. I mean we had been together for 3 mos, but I was getting ready to leave him when I found out I was pregnant.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 3:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I did the exact same thing just not with my ex-husband. Talk about a relief!! i was then 35 and could not think straight wondering what if? Yes i made the choice but it was a bit of a scare. 25/single mom of 2 already and maybe one on the way.

i was soooo happy that i was not. But, I would have had him or her. i don't believe in abortion. I made my bed and would have had to deal with the results.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:31 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Yes everyday that I am not I just had #7 so I am VERY HAPPY
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 9:32 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I would just add that birth control does not prevent AIDS, and STDs....You might not be sleeping around but you can never be too careful....Oh, I had my tubes tied so yeah I love the fact that I am not pregnant, my hubby and I have 3, and thats plenty for us LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:32 PM on May. 31, 2009

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 9:36 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i'm pregnant right now and was not happy when i found out. i think alot of women who aren't trying to have kids and end up prego feel that way at first.
    Anonymous

• yup i was 2 weeks late before hubby and i got married and i was freaking out, i was a month away from turning 19 and not planning on having kids any time soon. every time the test came back neg (and i must have taken one every day i was so freaked) i almost cried with relief....after that def kept an eye on b.c. and we got married just in case (i didn't have medical coverage and we planned on getting married in a year anyways we just did it sooner) so yup def been happy.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:08 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I never had that... I've been married since I was almost 21 and we always wanted kids. I was more disappointed when I wasn't pregnant. Then when I finally decided that I didn't want to do it again... wallah, surprise surprise it happened within a month. Got tubes tied to make sure (well as sure as I can get without hysterectomy or drugs) to not have anymore surprises.
    Congrats to you tho, I'm sure Aunt Flow was much appreciated and welcomed this trip lol
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:10 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Hell yes!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:53 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I cant say Ive ever screwed my ex after we broke up but Ive definitely been relieved to know I wasn't pregnant before.
    Anonymous