8 month old eating habits

my lil one is turning 8 months in a few days...how often should he be eating food other than formula? like pureed food and such? and what do you reccommend that i feed him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every baby is different in what they are ready for, but at 8 months my dd was eating three meals a day plus one snack and bedtime bottle. She had about 4 oz with every meal or stage 3 baby food or yogurt and then 6 oz snack bottle and 8 oz bedtime bottle. But don't be alarmed if you feel you baby isn't eating as much anymore, this is the age where growth starts to slow and their eating habits will level off. Best of luck!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:47 PM on May. 31, 2009

• it's ONLY to learn the tastes and textures...the solids should only be given AFTER his milk....he will still need his formula for his main source of nutrition until he is a year old....My DD LOVES avocado cut up, bananas, bakes apples and pears, steamed zucchini, steamed broccoli, lentil loaf, homemade baked mac and cheese (just a tiny bit),
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:49 PM on May. 31, 2009

• You should be coming up on a check up in about a month. I just took my LO to her 9 month visit. The Doc. told me that she should be eating "real" food (stage 3 or finely chopped ... what ever you are eating) about 3 times a day and formula about 20-24oz. a day. I thought it sounded like a lot but if you feed in the morning and then offer a 4 or so oz. bottle after or before nap (mine takes two naps a day). Than feed lunch with another small bottle and then I feed dinner when we eat (around 5 or 6) and then give her an 8 oz (that she rarely finishes) just before bed time (around 8:30-9). I don't give her exactly 24 oz. a day, but she gets close to it and when I feed her cereal (gerber rice and oatmeal) I make it with formula (about 2oz.).
    At this age you want to make sure and give one thing at a time to recognize allergies, but after a couple days and no rash, etc. move on to the next food.
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 9:56 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Stupid 940 characters rule!!! >: l LOL
    Any way, this is where I get a lot of my questions answered! Hope this helps.
    http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/babymenub.htm
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 9:57 PM on May. 31, 2009