Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone answer this question for me please?

My husband and I had a good friend killed this weekend in a racing accident in Knoxville, Iowa. I am making and having a cookbook published to sell and donate the proceeds to his children's education fund. Has anyone done this before? Did you just forward the money to the participating bank when you got it? If you can help me please PM me, Thanks Dixie!


Asked by lapcounter at 9:52 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 15 (2,024 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • You should probably set up a non-profit organization (I think a 501c, but I'm not sure).

    Answer by rkoloms at 1:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

  • I think you might want to hire a lawyer and put it in trust.

    Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:22 PM on May. 31, 2009

  • You can just send the money to the widow and write a nice letter to go with it and let her put it into the kids funds herself. I really wouldn't hire an attorney and set up a trust, then you have to keep track of that.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:33 PM on May. 31, 2009