What would you have done in this situation?

When my sister had her DS, her DH was doing drugs (not around the kids) and got caught by the drug task force. This was five years ago. My sisters son got taken away, and my mother got custody. My sister and her DH were supposed to pay some child support to help pay for formula and diapers, but the never did. Even though she had visitation rights, my sister didn't show up hardly at all, and once she didn't show up for 6 whole months. My mom had my nephew for a whole year. From 3 mos until 15 months. My mother worked nights, so I had him from 3pm until 12am, and he slept in my room every night. My sister ended up getting him back even though she had rarely visited him. Even though it was her kid, I dont think she should have got him back. Now he is 5, and he is the most rotten child you could ever see. He swears, and hits his 3 year old sister. My sister never disciplines him. He gets away with everything. (continued...)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was a minor at the time, so I couldnt have fought for custody. Do you think my mom should have fought for custody? I know he would be way better off with me or my mother.
    Anonymous

• Yes I would have if I knew my child was not being a suitable parent. At the least she could have fought for custody then signed all rights to you when you were older. I doubt it would have even been a fight. She probably would have signed her son over with no complaint from what it sounds like.
    Anonymous

• I know. Everyone in my family knows that my sisters kids are last on her priority list.
    Anonymous

• ok i would tell my sister is she did that to "F" herself she shouldnt have him at all. My hb's 8 yr old mother is like that she does drugs and puts her friend in front and she rarely sees her 8 yr old daughter and the 8 yr old is wondering when she gets to see her mother but we have to tell her her mom is going through a dark tunnel when she get out of it and goes to the light she will see her mom
    parisonmom

Answer by parisonmom at 10:24 PM on May. 31, 2009