Worried

Ohkay, well to start off I'm 16 years old and this is my first pregnancy. I'm so scared! I'm 18 weeks on thursday...what are the chances of something happening to my baby or if there was something wrong with me...I would know already right? i've been reading all these things about people and how they lose their baby cuz theres somehting wrong with their uterus or cervix or something wouldn't I already know that i've had absolutely no complications and the doctor says the baby is very very healthy I've been on prenatal vitamins since 5 weeks..Am I just worried about nothing? and how early can a baby be and still live?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• okay, first of all relax, stress is not good for you or the baby. When you are stressed the baby is stressed. If something is wrong with the cervix the doctor would have told you at your exam and if there is something wrong with your uterus the ultrasound would have showed something. It is good that you are taking your prenatal vitamins and don't stop. Keep taking them even after you have your baby because taking them while breastfeeding is important as is eating healthy. And no you are not worrying about nothing, you are having a baby. You are always going to be worried. that feeling will never go away.

I read in a medical journal and heard it on discovery health channel that a baby born at 28 weeks has a 20% chance of survival. But a baby born at 30 weeks a baby has a 90% chance of survival. But you don't need to worry about delivering early..just keep thinking positive and take care of yourself and baby...CONGRATULATIONS!
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:24 PM on May. 31, 2009

• All these sound like normal worries for a first time mom-to-be (i've been experiencing them myself). the best for you to do though, is to calm down. let your doctor know your concerns & maybe ask to speak to a health educator or counsilor about your fears. my health educator, along with my doctor, are very open to these questions (& have probably heard them all before). its a scary thing to go though, im finding that out every single day...but stress isnt good for you right now, so just relax & do your best to remember that this is what our bodies were made for & that you'll most likely know if anything is going wrong....GOOD LUCK MAMA!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:25 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Sounds like you're totally fine. Being young is helpful in carrying a healthy baby and premature children do really well these days...Look at Nadia Suleman (Octomom). There's no reason to think anything will go wrong. Just relax and enjoy your pregnancy.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:49 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I feel your pain, although i wasn't so young when I had my first, I had every single one of those worries just like I think all new mom's do. you seem to be doing all the right things like taking your vitamins, going to your dr. appointments, taking care of yourself , and so on. Worries are a normal part of pregnancy but more times than not things end up turning out alright. I've learned one thing tho, just enjoy being prego cuz you'll miss it! Congrats!
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 11:37 PM on May. 31, 2009

• If the Dr. says you and baby are good, then there is nothing to worry about! I know ur just scared but as you can start feeling the baby kick then do your kick counts and if you don't have the "What to Expect when Your Expecting?" book then get it, I read through it over and over again as my pregnancy went on, very helpful. Ask questions when you have them and that will help ease your mind!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:48 PM on May. 31, 2009