Question for the pro-lifers

People in my area stand at street corners with blown up pictures of aborted babies, bloody hands, etc. I'm very prolife, and still find it to be incredibly inappropriate. I don't want my innocent three year old to be subjected to these pictures. In my opinion, if they stood with the sign at the abortion clinic, that'd be one thing, but right next to Toys R Us.. give me a break! What do you think? Do you support that way of informing others, or is it wrong?

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 10:20 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't believe thats the way to prevent abortions. It honestly just pisses people off. What gets me are the ones who do this out side of abortion clinics. They would accomplish alot more by having compassion for those girls since a lot of them are there because they are scared and cant see another way. THey aren't given all the info and are getting ready to do something that will affect the rest of their lives. If theses "protesters" would offer answers instead of out right meanness, they would see a lot better results.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I am pro-life but do not support some of the ways they spread their opinions. I have 3 small children and I'm not comfortable answering their quiestions when they see these posters. "Mommy, why does that baby look like that?" "Is it dead?" "Who killed it?"
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:22 PM on May. 31, 2009

• It is wrong in my opinion to do such. But didn't the Jews kill one of their own?
    Anonymous

• I am certainly pro life but there is a time and place for everything,
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 10:24 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i agree. im prolife and i do not want to see that or my kids.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 10:25 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i'm prochoice/anti-abortion, and although i do not agree with this kind of 'messaging'..i support their right to freedom of speech.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:31 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Anon. that was Romans who killed him not Jews.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 10:32 PM on May. 31, 2009

• This is off-topic miriamz but the Jews demanded the death of Jesus. Pilate washed his hands of Jesus and gave him to the Jews to decide his fate. They demanded his death and released Barabas, a murderer, to go free in Jesus' place.
    Anonymous

• I agree that there is a time and a place.They can do what they want but I personally would not be holding a sign like that at a toys r us.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:47 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I have participated in life-chain but have refused to do so if there were going to be pictures like that. I would only hold the "Adoption, the Loving Option" sign because I am adopted and I feel it is important for me to promote something that I am so passionate about.

HOWEVER. IF there's nothing wrong with abortion.....IF it's not a baby, just tissue......IF abortion isn't harmful and is a woman's right...... Why then are photographs of abortion offensive? I don't understand that.

I uphold freedom of speech and freedom of peaceful assembly. I have my own standards of what I would and wouldn't do though.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:50 PM on May. 31, 2009