Should I throw my own shower?

My baby boy is due in Aug. and though my mom in law means well, she's wanting to have a baby shower AFTER he's born, because none of her family "can make it" on the same day. Her family hates her son, my fiance, and do not know me at all. She's not taking the hint that no one is coming. My very few female friends are scattered in different places, and they're all strapped for cash. 2 are prego themselves, and the others either live out of state or are out of work. my mom died last year, and I have no siblings or other family. I feel like he should have a shower, and god knows we could use the help, but there's not much point if no one comes, right?

Mystic3885

Asked by Mystic3885 at 10:20 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did not have a shower- I had a christening party for my baby after he was born- we recieved gifts and I showed him off to everyone_ the hospital I gave bith in gives a big party every year for babies born in the hospital- we went to that and got lots of free stuff/ formula. See if any hospitals in ur arear are throwing community baby showers.
    Anonymous

• get your fiance to throw you one. Invite everyone you can think of even if it is neighbors or people you only met a few times and get along with. Invite people from your fiances work and your work (if you work). there is nothing wrong with throwing your own shower.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:29 PM on May. 31, 2009

• awe. i dont know. i feel bad.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:29 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Maybe instead of a shower have a welcome baby party about a month after the baby is born. Some people might think it odd of throwing yourself a shower but this would be acceptable I would think.
    Anonymous

• If you dont think anybody will come then I wouldnt throw yourself one:( It will truely just set yourself up for pain and hurt.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:47 PM on May. 31, 2009