my baby is six months old, and she is constantly whacking me, and scratching.

What should I do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hit her back! no jk, calm down. make sure her nails are clipped and just watch for flailing limbs, and make sure there's no caffeine in your breast milk if you're tit feeding
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:32 PM on May. 31, 2009

• She is just experimenting with her arms and fingers. She does not know what she is doing yet. When she does it just pull her arms down and say in a low and silly voice, "NO NO don't hit OUCH!! Don't hurt Mommy". Keep doing it and she will learn.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:32 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Say be nice- no that hurts momy- no scratching- My son used to, now he is one and done!
    Anonymous

• I am nursing, and she bit me the other day, so I screeched, and said "No! That hurts mommy!" and she started laughing! She will grab chunks of flesh and pinch hard. Ill just have to keep her nails clipped. She is always gouging my eyes and neck when I hold on her.
    Anonymous

• She's a baby they do that just deal with it not like it means anything
    Anonymous

• I know it doesnt mean anything, id just rather not have big scratches all over me.
    Anonymous

• If you screech, yell, or react, your baby will have an "ahah!" moment. I hit/pinch and mommy makes a funny noise! Your best bet is to stay as monotone as possible. Don't jump, yelp, or give her any reaction. Just take her hand and calmly say "no, that hurts mommy" and resume your activity. If she continues, simply put her down for a minute. She'll end up associating hitting/scratching with the termination of a pleasurable activity such as being held. Remember, she does not understand that it hurts, and won't grasp that concept for quite some time.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:27 PM on May. 31, 2009

• so your baby scratches you big Freaking deal.. u get puked on shit on pissed on what the heck is a few scratches!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2009