Do you feel opposed to some religions? Lets show some humility.

If you had to humble yourself and answer honestly, what is the 1 religion you find yourself harping on the most? and/or posting questions to provoke them with? It seems as if people are trying to provoke other religions they are opposed to, by throwing up questions to make them prove themselves or their beliefs, or making mean comments about them. There's no one religion to blame, no one has thrown the first punch, it's all of the religions, and they all do the same thing to each other yet blame another for it while excusing themselves. What makes you feel that way toward other religions, or a certain one? and can you humble yourself and answer this based on YOU instead of "because they do this.." We already have that covered. Do you think YOU are in error for giving in to intolerance toward another religion, yet find yourself being just as judging as them? (But in a different view, of course, but doing the same regardless)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You want honesty and for people to humble themselves but you post anon...hmmmmmm
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:39 PM on May. 31, 2009

• The religion I pick on the most is Scientology. I don't mean to and try my best to just say nothing at all. I don't post questions about ANY religion other than my own. IF I do, I have a serious question about something and I'm not intending on stirring things up.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:41 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I've asked a few questions about things i dont understand (usually in regards to Christianity). And i've gotten some intersting responses deserving of deep thought.

But mostly i ask questions directed to people that share my same faith.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:46 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Yes antrnlov. Anons are welcome. I don't care who the person is, I just thought answering a question only looking at yourself was something different than the usual one's. Feel free to post anon anyone.

wink mini

Anonymous

• OP ANON, I'm not convinced you understand what humble means. You showed no humbleness in posting this question in the way it was phrased. You have not humbled yourself in any way as you posted this as an anon. If anything this question was posted to provoke and inflame, not to help others humble themselves and show some humility.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:54 PM on May. 31, 2009

• For me, probably fundamentalism in any religion. I'm working on it. It's just so far from my paradigm that I find it really difficult to connect to those kind of beliefs.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 10:56 PM on May. 31, 2009

• It seems as if people are trying to provoke other religions they are opposed to, by throwing up questions to make them prove themselves or their beliefs, or making mean comments about them.

With questions just like this one.
    Anonymous

• What is wrong with posting questions that make people think? I know for a fact that people participating in groups or in Answers here on CM have changed religious beliefs because of the discussions here.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:58 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Any religion that talks more about hell, sin, and judges others than being a good person bugs me.
    Anonymous

• I do not hold and religions as better than others. I feel that they are all equal... If I am posting questions or comments it's not about the religion. It's about the people in it.

I do also tend to post questions that make people think. I think that sometimes they are taken as me "questioning" religion. I'm not. I want people to think and see the similarities between all religions in order to END the intolerance - Not to cause more...

Join us! Find out what I really think...
    www.CafeMom.com/group/endreligioushate

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:04 PM on May. 31, 2009