What to do about stretch marks?

As every woman knows stretch marks are a part of pregnancy. I was wondering what you used to prevent those horrible monsters. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and it seems my Palmers cocoa butter stretch mark cream just is not doing the trick. I notice new ones every day. Help me please! :)

Ames826

Asked by Ames826 at 10:41 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im 41 weeks today(unfortunately), but i used vaseline cocoa butter oil everyday my whole pregnancy and havent got any stretch marks on my belly, got them in other places tho..but i have read in many different sources that stretch marks are partially due to genetics..and also rapid wieght gain..my friend used the oil inside the vitamin E pills and she still got stretch marks...sounds to me like Desi2Sweet has that lucky genetic trait...theres really not anything you can do, if your gonna get them, ur gonna get them, the best you can do is just stay hydrated and watch your wieght gain..GL!!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 2:33 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• keep hydrated, if you have them they're not going to disappear with any lotion.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:42 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I dont know if you completely can. It has alot to do with your skin and what shae it was in before you got pregnant, heredity, and how fast your belly grows in certain areas. They will fade though, given time, but I honestly never found anything or even heard of anything that completely prevents or heals them, just makes them fade faster.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:44 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Eat healthy, stay hydrated and your skin moisterized. Unfortunately stretch marks are more about genetics than anything. You can stop them from happening and nothing makes them go away. My husband calls them badges of courage because he sure as heck couldn't go through it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:45 PM on May. 31, 2009

• grrr..that should read can't stop them
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:46 PM on May. 31, 2009

• mineral oil and vitamin e gel pills(the oil inside of it..that stops them from ever coming in and it saves you money.its a real good home remedy.i havent got 1 strettch mark yet.neither has my sis, my mother, my cousin or any1 in my family actually.idk wut makes them go away but i noe that prevents them
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 10:49 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I used Queen Helene 100% cocoa butter stick. I never got bad streatch marks with any of my pregnancies, I got a few right above my pubic line and that was it.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 10:54 PM on May. 31, 2009