Are you a proud smoker?

This is a spin off from another question I read. I wasn't aware people were actually PROUD of this nasty habit so I was curious to see how many people were.

Are you a proud smoker?

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 11:01 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Health

• i am a proud ex smoker.i smoked until i found out i was pregnant n stopped that same day n i plan not to go back
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:03 PM on May. 31, 2009

• no...i'm a proud, trying to quit smoking smoker! it's really hard.
    Anonymous

• Hell NO. If I was a smoker I would be ashamed that I had such a disgusting addiction. My parents were both smokers, I grew up in a house full of second hand smoke. It is gross and harmful to others, not just yourself.
    I think my parents were selfish to smoke around us. Sooooo NOT cool!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:04 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I am a pround NON smoker....matter fact my Mom just died of lung cancer from smoking. She was only 52...and had cancer for 9 months. All started from one little nodule in her lung...and when people think it cant happen to them...they are wrong. But its not my choice.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 11:05 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I quit smoking when I found out I was pregnant with my first child. I was 4 weeks when I found out. I haven't smoked a cigarette since, but it is tempting sometimes, I won't lie.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:09 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i quit smoking with my first and started again after i walked into my home after hurricane katrina. not proud of it, but am in the process of trying to quit again. had almost fully quit while pregnant with my son, but hubby deployed, daughter started acting out and i just couldn't do it. so i ended up just cutting back to a few a week. not saying thats any better but thats what i was able to manage at the time, so at least i'm being honest.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:15 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I wouldn't use the word "PROUD" but I'm not ashamed of it && I have no interest in quitting anytime soon. It's my choice.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:33 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I agree with HisMommySince 07.... I smoke and I'm not ashamed ,but I really wouldn't go as far as proud. Right now I have no plans of quitting any time soon.
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I don't know about proud, but I'm an avid smoker, and I love my ciggies. I don't want to quit, and I'm tired of anti-smoking rants and harassment. I recently sat in an OUTSIDE sidewalk cafe where cars and trucks slowly crawled by spewing more toxins in a minute than my cigarettes could create in a lifetime of smoking, but I wasn't allowed to smoke because a whiff of my secondhand smoke might be dangerous to someone. And now third hand smoke? I'll continue to smoke, and If you smoke and enjoy it, good for you! I think I'll have a cigarette now :)
    Suziesmom

Answer by Suziesmom at 6:22 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I am a non smoker, married to a smoker. And he is not proud to be a smoker he's been trying to quit for the last 12 years. My dad WAS a proud smoker, he smoked for 58 years , and smoked until the day he died of lung /bone cancer in 2008. Read my Journal about his painful end, that is what smoking does to you, it's not pretty.
    scrapn2do

Answer by scrapn2do at 1:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2009