who has tried weight watchers? Im nervous.....

i have the stuff from 2 yrs ago. What do you eat and fix for the whole family? what is the difference w/ the momentum plan? Id love to read about it but not buying the whole $125 set again; any suggestions? Im nursinbg my 3month old

daisy6878

Asked by daisy6878 at 11:06 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• DID it love it!! Once you learn your portion sizes and what you can and can not eat, then it gets really easy! Don't think of it as a diet think of it as a life style change or it will never work for you. I don't count points anymore, but I do watch my portion sizes.
    determind

Answer by determind at 2:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I wish i could help. I know my MIL did weight watchers. ...but i dont remember what she ate the most because it was low points. And i'm sure it makes a big difference if you are breastfeeding because you need certian things to boost nutrition in your milk.
    idk. ...good luck
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:15 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Rather than diet, live a healthy livestyle. You should all be eating the same healthy foods. Start with simple changes. Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day. Replace meat and dairy with bean, lentils and tofu. Be sure to eat a vitamin C source with an iron source (like kale or beans) to increase the absorption of the iron.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• not me, but when we go out to eat (particularly at applebees) I order from the WW menu to keep from gorging on calorie, sodium and fat packed foods.

And their menu is good.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2009