Where is a good, affordable place to order food from for a birthday party?

My youngest is turning 3 in July and this year we are thinking about just ordering food from somewhere. We have 34 adults that we are inviting(well that includes the two of us) and 13 kids(including our two) and need something both age groups will like. We are counting on at least half of the adults having seconds and let's face it, most of the kids won't even finish their first helping. Plus we'll have the usual - chips, pickles, etc etc. So to make a long story short, we need to find a place that will be affordable yet we want something good. We were thinking about Subway or Cousins....Thanks for your help!

zachnsalsmommy

Asked by zachnsalsmommy at 11:06 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Cooking yourself will be much, much cheaper. Lentil sloppy joes, cole slaw, and a cake.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Do u have a country buffet?????
    Anonymous

• affordable for over 30 adults? i'd like to know too.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:09 PM on May. 31, 2009

• We did the Subway sandwich thing one time. The really long ones you know? And had chips and a few other sides to go with it. It wasnt to bad in price.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 11:09 PM on May. 31, 2009

• how about pizza or chicken from walmart
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:12 PM on May. 31, 2009

• alot of grocery stores do sandwiches, snack trays now too. so you may want to look into that
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:12 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I usually grill when I have that many people coming over. Burgers and hot dogs. But I think subway would be fun and not too expensive.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:53 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Lentil sloppy joes....that sounds yummy
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I was going to suggest Subway before I saw it in your answer. You can also order sub sandwiches from the deli at your grocery store and maybe pick up some potato salad at Costco. It might be cheaper then subway. Or how about a bucket of chicken?
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 12:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• A wholesale club like sam's or bj's or costco. They have wonderful deli's in there. Chicken wings, potato salad, slaw, ect. Wonderful cresent sandwich trays too! you can always do pizza at $5 each.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2009