how old did was your baby when you first tried rice?

is rice or oatmeal easier to digest?

daisy6878

Asked by daisy6878 at 11:07 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i'm guessing you mean the rice/oatmeal cereal? if thats the case, i don't know which is easier to digest for others but for my daughter rice cereal was easier and she actually liked it more than the oatmeal cereal. and she started getting it around 4 months b/c the doc recommended it, she was wanting to eat 8 ounces every 2 hours so he said to start her on the cereals
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:09 PM on May. 31, 2009

• You should start out with baby rice cereal, just the plain stuff at about 6 mo. unless ur baby is not being satisfied with just formula before that. You are supposed to go through 1 box at a time of each of the baby cereals to make sure that ur baby is not allergic to them then you can just pick one or do what I do I buy one rice cereal and one oatmeal and then mix them together in a container and give her the mix. I started my daughter at 6 mo. with it pretty thinned out with formula and then gradually made it thicker, I tried giving it to her earlier b/c she seemed not satisfied with just formula but wouldn't take it so I just kept trying like every 2 weeks until she decided she liked it. I never even tried until she was 5 mo. old though.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:12 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i figured rice was becuase it was thinner flakes then the oatmeal... kinda weird.. I started giving her cereal about 3.5 months cuz i couldn't wait any longer and hubby wanted to feed her. she did really good with it. They say not to start until 4 months tho...
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:14 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I believe my son was around 3 months when I started mixing the rice cereal in his bottle, because his fromula just wasn't satisfying him anymore. && as far as the digestion, I believe they're pretty much equal.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:15 PM on May. 31, 2009

• you can start your baby on cereal at any time between the age of 3 to 6 months i started my daughter on it at 2 1/2 months
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 11:27 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Your not supposed to start babies on solids until they are 6 months. We never did baby cereals because they don't have a lot of nutrition.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 1, 2009