What should scan! (gift registry)

This is my first pregnancy & I'm not familiar w/ what people ask for on their gift registry for a baby shower

I know times are hard hell I don't even have a job I'm just starting to walk again after I broke & displaced my ankle (about a week after my surgery i got pregnant lol) never broken a bone & never been pregnant then both happen a month apart!
I doubt I will be scanning expensive things so what are a some suggestions?

MsQuiana

Asked by MsQuiana at 11:15 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• blankets. research what kind of bottle you want to use, can always use those. try to think of when they're a little older. teething rings are inexpensive and bibs too. spoons and sippys. lotions and bath soap, hooded towels and face cloths. these are some of the things i used most. hope this helps... good luck!
    Anonymous

• Nursing pads
    Breastpump
    Lanolin
    Bottles
    Milk Storage Bags
    Onesies
    Sleepers
    Bath tub
    Diaper Pail

Pretty much scan anything you need or want. You may not get everything on your registry but if you scan everything you need that gives others the CHOICE of spending what they want and buying a larger or smaller item depending on their personal preferance.

Plus when everyone starts asking "what do you still need?" you can say well I'm registered at Babies-R-Us.
    Anonymous

• clothes, bottles, diapers, scan some expensive stuff most places send you a coupon to use after your event date and anything on the registry not gotten you get a percentage off so even if you don't get it if you really want it and plan on getting it later you can get it cheaper, baby monitors, feeding supplies, towels, sheets, receiving blankets, toys, car stuff (sun shade, baby view mirror, car seat cover depending on due date/weather) ,diaper bag. really anything you see that you like, scan it. at the most you'll get what you register for at the least you won't but you'll get that coupon and can get it yourself.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:23 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Just click stuff.. You dont want to little on the list so people have a varity to choose from..I did not expect everything on my list. It was just a WISH list.
    Blankets,ONSIES! ans A lot of BIBS lol..Reciving blankets...
    Things I couldnt use were shampoos and diapers and wipes :/ My children had rashy skin and it really really sucked because I got so much..GOOOOOD thing people gave me the recipts.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:27 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Also most places give you a "suggestion list" of things they suggest you register for so that may help too!
    Anonymous

• Scan everything you think you'll need, don't worry about the price if some ppl can't afford it maybe a few of them will go together and get you a gift. Also, I never found an infant bathtub that worked decent, so what I did was just scanned the yellow piece of foam that you lay in the tub to put the baby on and this is what I used until she could sit up and then I got a suction cup seat for the tub for her to be in. Register for, baby monitor, crib bedding & extra fitted sheets for wet throughs, a waterproof mattress pad, car toys, different ages of toys, clothes, diapers (sometimes this isn't a great idea incase ur baby is allergic to a certain kind), gift cards, bottles, sun roller shades for the car, mirror for the car so you can see the baby from the front seat (the one I got is the rainforest one that has a remote with it so you can turn it on to play music/lights to entertain the baby if he/she gets fussy in the car.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:31 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Scan everything you could possibly want. You're probably not going to get all of it but it's so much fun and besides most people don't even look at the registry. They have a "baby shower" gift that they get and that's what you'll get. lol
    Anonymous

• Make sure you choose a variety of price range from the very inexpensive to a dream item. Sometimes for a big ticket item 2-3 people go together for them. PP's have listed specific items. It is a wish list...anything you get from it is wonderful. Don't forget thank you notes soon after the shower. My pet peeve is someone who takes the time to register for all those special things she wants, I take the time to choose carefully and they can't bother to acknowledge the gift. Weddings and baby showers absolutely demand that courtesy.
    Anonymous

• *grabs pen and paper* i need to write some of this stuff down ll thanks for the tips!
    MsQuiana

Answer by MsQuiana at 12:15 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I refused to have a gift registry. I never wanted anyone to feel obligated to give us things.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2009