This is a morbid question but.....

has anyone watched someone die in person? I watched my Mom take her last breath. Just curious if anyone else has had to experience anything like that.

angie_david

Asked by angie_david at 11:16 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, I was holding my Mothers hand telling her we will all be alright and that she can go now.That was three years ago.I think of her every day.She had Breast Cancer and fought for four years.I know now how brave she was because she never let her illness get her down,she never got angry or mean she just enjoyed all of us before she went.
    Beckyita

Answer by Beckyita at 12:08 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My daddy took his last breath with his eyes looking into mine as I repeated to him,"It's ok daddy, you can go rest now don't worry". over and over again. It breaks my heart when I think of how much I could see the desperation in his eyes.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:18 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I have not. But my mom watched many ppl die.
    and i didnt actually see my mom die, but i found her dead. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:18 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I was in high school and I was taking a nursing class. Well, we did our clinicals at a local nursing home. I was giving this man a sponge bath. He was 85 years old, bedridden, and all of his joints were extremely stiff due to some kind of condition. As I was bathing his face, he looked at me, (which he never looked at anyone he was always looking at the ceiling) and he took a deep breath and exhaled and just passed away right there. He was clinching my hand at the time. It scared me out of nursing for a while. It's been 7 years and I am now thinking about going to college for nursing.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:20 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i havent but my best fiend watched his grandma die on his couch and it killed him...well he was walking back from the bathroom and was walking towards her when she died it has fucked him up now whenever he is at his house he sits in his bedroom and wont go into the livingroom...he still acts normal except not going in his living rom and when he does he stays as far away from the couch as he can
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 11:24 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Many times. I'm a hospice nurse by choice. I also just watched my grandmother die in Jan.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:24 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Not me but my aunt watched her dd die at 15 it was very hard for her I have been one of the first people to see a family member dead though he was killed at a park at 23 and they didnt make family claim the body to at the viewing I was the second person to see him dead my mom was the first it was soo sad
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:25 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Wow, not yet but good for you ladies for being brave and helping these people through the last phase of life. We'll all go one day and I hope someone is there for me.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:26 PM on May. 31, 2009

• No, when my mom died she was in the sicu after surgery, when she started coding. She never woke up. But I knew when she was gone. We were all in the hallway waiting to see what was happening and someone asked what the time was. My hubby answered that it was 8:13 and I knew that she was gone, that they were pronouncing her dead, and I was right.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:27 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I was blessed with watching my father and my grandmother pass peacefully. It is not a morbid thing to say or ask. It is all part of life. I have not wonder's or worries now as I did once as a child of dying. I was able to be there by there side and say that last farewell's and I Love you, not a goodbye, just until we me again in heaven!
    Queenof8Bratz

Answer by Queenof8Bratz at 11:29 PM on May. 31, 2009