My daughter is 2 yrs old and she has what her therapist call "tremors " . her hands and arms shake when she's around new people or new places or gets upset , or does something new like with her hands like playing with a new toy. And sometimes she jsut wakes up shakey. We cant figure out why she does this. If any body has had this problem with their child i would greatly apprecaite the help.

Her therapist say she has sensory processing disorder and is gravitional insecure.but that doesnt make you shakey.Her therapist have refered her to a place to do an intake appointment and then their going to send her to some specialist liek neurologists and other doctors.

momof2withSPD

Asked by momof2withSPD at 11:18 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son used to do this, but only when he was waking up from a deep sleep. He would get shakey, especially his hands. He hasn't done it in a long time though, I think it's something he grew out of. My thinking behind it is that he was in a state where his brain wasn't quite processing what was going on yet, and as he was adjusting to the new state (like waking up) he would get shakey until he had fully woken up.
    I think since your daughter has SPD it might be something a little different for her, but I hope your doctor can help. As far as I know, the shakey thing is not a problem, it's just the brain transitioning to something new. Your daughter's SPD might aggravate her getting the shakes as she does something new.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 1:50 AM on Jun. 1, 2009