How do I get my baby to spoon feed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is baby? he may not be ready yet, there are signs that they are ready to eat off a spoon, i can't remember them all but one was making smacking motions with the mouth not just sucking motions. you can ask the doc or do a google search for the signs to see what they are. if he has the signs but just isn't doing it, maybe try feeding the solids before formula/breast that way hes still hungry
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:34 PM on May. 31, 2009

• To spoon feed his/herself or for you to spoon feed him/her? If it's the second, the baby just may not be ready. I would say wait another couple weeks and try again. If it's the second . . . can't help you there, mine is not at that stage yet.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:34 PM on May. 31, 2009

• id depends on if your baby is ready for spoon feeding.. my daughter was 7 months old before she started eating from a spoon.. i just got some baby food peaches which most babies love and i used a soft baby spoon of course and when she opened her mouth i just put it in and let her taste.. once she realised she liked the peaches she ate from a spoon like a pro.. it only took a few minutes but if you start your baby too early they wont understand how to spoon feed. so if you try it and your baby just isnt getting the concept wait a few weeks and try again.. no need to rush it because milk is the best.. babies dont get hardly any nourishment from jarred food its just for them to learn how to swollow etc..
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 11:37 PM on May. 31, 2009

• You can feed them with you hand for a little bit, until he/she gets confortable then try spoon feeding
    NATI2124

Answer by NATI2124 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Some babies aren't ready till 7 or 8 months. Give it time... if your baby is 6 months old you can try again periodically, but don't force it. If your baby's younger than that, I would wait till 6 months to try again.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2009