Has anyone experienced bleeding during the first trimester in pregnancy that didn't result in a miscarriage?

I 've heard about how common bleeding during the first trimester is, but I rather hear from actual women who have experienced it. if you have experienced this did you go on to have a healthy baby?

BlessednHappy

Asked by BlessednHappy at 11:41 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With this pregnancy I took a pregnancy test and literally with in just a few hours I was went to the bathroom and was bleeding a LOT. It looked like the start of a period and was red. I just kept wiping and wiping and wiping. Blood just kept coming.

I called my doctor and was told to go to the emergency room to be examined. At the time they told me that I had a "threatened miscarriage" but that they couldn't say for sure if I would miscarry or not. They drew my blood for a quantitive HCG test and sent me home.

I went to my doctor 2 days later and they did another quantitive HCG test. My levels had risen and everything looked good.

I'm not 35 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy.

I also had light pink spotting with my first pregnancy and delivered a completely healthy 8 pound baby girl.
    Anonymous

• I meant NOW not "NOT" 35 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy.

SO SORRY ABOUT THAT!
    Anonymous

• Not personally but my DIL bleed multiple times during her first and second trimesters. She just went on bed rest for a week and my granddaughter is now 6.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:55 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Good to hear!! you had scared mewith the "not"!
    BlessednHappy

Answer by BlessednHappy at 11:56 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I haven't personally, but my mom did with my little brother. She woke up && the bed was covered in blood. She went to the hospital && the doctors couldn't figure out why she was bleeding, but my brother is now 6 years old && completely healthy. She didn't have any complications with labor or anything either.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I had a little spotting around 5-6 weeks but no bright red blood. Just old blood. I am now 10 weeks and had an u/s at 8 weeks and everything is great.
    bekfish84

Answer by bekfish84 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2009