A shower for baby number two!?

My SM is throwing me a baby shower and she asked me for a list of who I want to come so they can RSVP her. Well my mom called her and said that I am very trashy cause you are not allowed to have a shower for number two. Only for number one. Did you have a shower for number two or is that trashy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think it's trashy at all... If who ever thinks it trashy dont invite them or do and they don't have to come.. A shower is for friends and family that want to help you out they dont have to! If and when i have number two I know my BF will throw me one.
    Mommy2Slate

Answer by Mommy2Slate at 11:54 PM on May. 31, 2009

• That's not trashy at all. I'm due today to have my second child, we didn't have a baby shower for him. Although, we're going to have a family get together (small celebration of his birth) when he's around 2 weeks old or so.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:58 PM on May. 31, 2009

• If someone else is throwing it for you, then I don't think it is trashy. I had boys 13 months apart and my mom said at the time that if #2 was a girl she would have had another shower for me. I am now pregnant with #3 and it is a girl and I believe that a shower is in the works. My family keeps it a secret. Well, they try, they slip up once in awhile with comments which make me suspect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i just helped throw a shower for my friend who is having her 3rd baby! if you have someone who wants to throw it for you then have one! its not trashy. its trashy of her to tell you your trashy for having one!
    a_casias

Answer by a_casias at 12:28 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• That is not trashy. I had one for my second child. And Im having my third in jan and Im sure that I will have another one. Its all in good fun. And friends and family to help out. So if your so trashy dont ask her to come.
    vickyburns

Answer by vickyburns at 1:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• why the hell would that be trashy? my sister in law at the time trew me a second one for my second child, for one because my first child was a boy and we knew that second child was to be a girl. two becuase most of the hubby family was not able to be at the first shower cuz it was in a differant state.
    2barnettkids

Answer by 2barnettkids at 1:54 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I don't think it's trashy at all. But, it's not proper ettiquette (sp?). Women have second babys showers all the time, so it's becoming more of "the norm" than not having one.

I've heard of some women having a baby trickle for a 2nd baby. It's a party that's more about celebrating the baby, and no one brings gifts, or if they do, they bring a small item (like a book or a small toy) or a useful item (like diapers). I thought that was a cute idea.

I didn't have a baby shower for my 2nd daughter. It would have been nice though. Just to have a party for her. = (
    mrsDayne

Answer by mrsDayne at 6:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with having a celebration for a second baby. I was at one where we were asked to bring frozen meals as gifts.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:33 AM on Jun. 1, 2009