Anyone on antidepressants?

What kind are you on and why did u pick it? Have you tried others? Im taking Zoloft 50 mg and want to know if there is a better one out there. I am so chunky now lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Health

• celexa 10 mg worked for me... i've been on zoloft, ativan, serequel xr (300mg), serequel (100mg of that!), paxil, wellbutren, and about 7 others. Celexa is NOT recommended for use while breastfeeding or pregnancy. They say after a breakdown (which i've had one serious one) you should take meds reg for 6 mo. The best person to describe your meds is a counselor... i went to the reg dr and he sent me to the counselor. The counselor has been able to give me the side effects, I had to check back every week when they put me on something new. Ever med has a different side effect so you need to watch it closly, have your hubby watch it closely... it's not easy. as far as weight gaining, i can't ever gain weight so idk.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• everyone is different and each medication works differently, zoloft did make me gain weight and i didn't have an orgasm for over a year. lexapro worked for me.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:54 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I am on effexor 75. i really like it but i have noticed and have very little libido and i def am struggling with my weight, so i tend to anyway. right now i am at my heaviest ever! but ive also heard that that can be caused by my mirena iud....so im not sure. its jsut something i live with because i am happy now!! it runs out in 2 motnhs and then ill ahve to call my dr
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• The best anti-depressant I ever took was seroquel it made me feel great but it made me retain water and but once I went off it I lost that weight.It did make me crave carbs but you manage that by drinking alot of water because the stuff dries you out.I hate anti-depresants or any medication because it gives me constipation and weight gain.If I feel down some days I take a 1/2 of a 10 mg. Lexapro or a anti-anxiety pill every other day or maybe once a week.At least I'm not entirely 'alone' I have some support.If I take a pill everyday I gain weight and by doing it once inawhile I don't.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 12:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Im on zoloft, but i gotta say i dont really think its working that well...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I'm taking Zoloft and I think that it works great for me, it just took like probably 6 weeks to really start working. And I have to make sure that I take it at the same time each day or I get grumpy and tired. Every antidepressant works differentely for each person. Unfortunately, you just have to try different ones until you find the right one for you and your body. I have tried in the past Paxil, Celexa, Effexor, Prozac, etc. I thought Prozac worked well, but it didn't agree with my lo (I am nursing), I also thought that Effexor was great, but was not compatible with nursing. Paxil made me hallucinate and Celexa made me feel weird. I will say that antidepressants are not a "cure" for what is causing your depression unless it is only chemically related. I encourage you to seek counseling to find the underlying issues that are at the root of your depression as well as find a good med to help you. Good luck mama!
    Galdarisimom

Answer by Galdarisimom at 1:08 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Anti-depressants are a great tool to "kick-start" dealing with depression; you absolutely need to combine this with therapy so you are not taking chemicals for a long period of time.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:22 AM on Jun. 1, 2009