Do you know somebody who's died of 'smokers' lung cancer?

I never knew how bad lung cancer was until my father started dying from it.He has a tumor growing on his lungs and it keeps spreading even into his bones.The tumor is making it hard for him to breathe and eventually will stop him from breathing.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 12:10 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Health

• I'm sorry for your loss and the grief you are going through.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My grandmother is dying right now. the cancer has taken over 1/4 of her lung (probably more now), spread to her lymph nodes and has moved to her liver. it is so sad watching it. My grandpa died last August from complications of Parkinsons. Not a good year for us. My grandma quit smoking over 10 years ago and she gets cancer now.

I feel for you. My grandparents are like my parents we are so close. my thoughts will be with you.
    corid

Answer by corid at 12:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• my mother in law is fighting lung cancer has been for a year now, she quit smoking 15 years ago.
    my dad died of brain cancer almost 5 years ago.
    i have fought cancer for 2 1/2 years now, non-hodgkins lymphoma.
    i know it did not really answer your question, sorry.
    im sorry for your loss i know what it is like.
    i have a cancer support group if you would like to join, it is called cancer sucks. come join us if you like
    2barnettkids

Answer by 2barnettkids at 1:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2009