Baby on the way and a jealous dog...

I have a 5 year old cockapoo who demands alot of my attention. I'm concerned how she is going to react when I bring my new baby home. Does anyone have any tips on things I can do from now until the birth that may help her to adjust? Thanks!

Cupcake775

Asked by Cupcake775 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I used a baby doll and treated it like it was real. I put the doll down and "left" the room to see how my dog would do. Just pratice with a doll. If she tries to jump on it say no get down. Also try leaving the doll with her in the room after a few days and she what she does when your not around!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Get rid of her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I'm not going to give up that easily as that would be my last resort. I'm sure someone has encountered this and may have a solution....but thanks anyway.
    Cupcake775

Answer by Cupcake775 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Perfect!! Thank you, I will try that!
    Cupcake775

Answer by Cupcake775 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Also, make sure to have someone bring home a blanket that the baby has been wrapped in, BEFORE you bring baby home from the hospital or birth center, so she gets used to the scent!
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 1:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I was going to say the same thing as Jynxx. I am pg with my first so I haven't tried it yet but I have two little dogs and I think this is the approach that I will take because I have read several places where people have done that and it helped.
    bekfish84

Answer by bekfish84 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2009