Pooping during labor?

Come on now, is it gonna happen? Tell the truth. Yes, I had to be blunt.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 12:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• :( i don't want to turd in front of my husband.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:22 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• yes it happends. i think to 1 in three wonem!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• probably. i had a csection both times and i don't know if i did with the second i know i did with the first b/c i was in recovery and the nurse was like ok honey you had an accident i'm gonna clean you up. (you get spinal tap so no control of lower body function) however i would assume if you're pushing than its the same and what comes out comes out.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• No it did not happen to me. It did happen to my mom with 2/4 of us lol. If you pop you pop the docs and the nurses will understand.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I was told by the OB that 8 in 10 woman crap, the other 2 throw up! Lets just say I was REALLY excited when I threw up both times!! I have been present for 11 births and 9 of them crapped so I guess the 8 in 10 is pretty darn accurate! Out of those 9 only ONE knew they were doing it! So even if you get a bunch of answers saying "no I didnt" they might not necessarily know lol I know for sure though because my births were on video
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:23 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I didnt puke or pop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• HA, thats a terrible home video if you do
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Stacie... do you have any kids or is this your first baby? The OB, midwife or nurse will tell you to "bare down like you are having a bowel movement" when you push. In order to push a baby out you have to push the SAME EXACT WAY that you do when you go to the bathroom. So... if you have anything in there it is IMPOSSIBLE to push your baby out without crapping
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:26 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• anon... did you video tape it or use a mirror? Because if not... people might have lied to you! I have had three of the ladies that crapped flat out say "thank god I didnt $h!t" when in fact, they did!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• As for it being a bad home video if you crap... no its not! The midwife/OB will quickly wipe away the stuff as it comes out and push it down in the bag that catches all the birth gunk. Its very quick and they do a good job being as discrete as possible about it. Child birth is about the baby being born, and nothing else!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2009