Am I wrong for doing this?

My SO has been staying over a friend's house for various reasons.He comes over to see us once a week(sometimes twice).But every time that he says he is coming,he doesn't.And then he won't call.When I finally talk to him, he apologizes and says that he will come the next day.Sometimes he does,sometimes not.It has been like this for about 3 weeks now.I am getting stressed and frustrated.So tomorrow when he comes,I am leaving.I have packed my bags and I am going to my cousin's house(she lives about 45 minutes away).I am going to leave him with the kids for a couple of days.But I'm not going to tell him because he will try to stop me or leave out.I'm just going to leave.Then I will call him when I get to my cousin's house,I will call him and tell him I will be back in 2-3 days.But I kind of feel bad about it.Do you think that I'm wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Depends on the age of the children. If they are young,take them with you, sounds like he is not mature enough to take care of them.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:22 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• agree with ronjwake, acutally. you don't want your young kids wondering where momma is and why she left them. they didnt do anything wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would not leave the kids with him, unless they are older teenagers. Even then, it may not be a good idea. But yeah, I would probably leave for a while too.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• but i know where youre coming from
    Anonymous

• nope. i say go for it. u gotta take some kinda stand at some point. if i were u, i wouldnt tell him how long ull be gone tho. juss tell him u need a lil time or something.
    that kinda gives him the upperhand if u tell him how long ull b gone
    momma323

Answer by momma323 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think he might call cps and say you have abandoned your kids. Which you will be doing. How do you know they will be safe with him? He obviously doesn't care about their welfare. I wouldn't leave my kids with him.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i say he's the dad let him deal with the children for a bit go have some you time.. you need it by now.. so idont see nothing wrong with it.. if i could i would.. i just dont have nowhere to go lol
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Yeah girl, don't leave your kids! That's awful on them. I think you are letting your problems with him get you into such a selfish state, that you don't even care about your kids happiness. Why traumatize them?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• OP Here- he is very capable of taking care of his kids.He loves them.But he just thinks that as long as I'm here,then it's fine.And it is not like I'm leaving them and never coming back.I am just taking a break.So I'm not "√ɬ§bandoning them"like someone said.And they are his kids too.So he couldn't call CPS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would take the kids, leave and find a real permanent relationship with a mature guy. I don't think he's the one...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jun. 1, 2009