My son and his blanket

ok, just wanted to get some other moms advice, my son is 4, he is our only child...he has this blue blanket, and its like a blanket a little smaller than him, he has to have it at night, he said he sleeps better with it...doesnt really NOT want to sleep with it, my husband gave it to him before he went to afghanistan and he held on to it the whole time, and he has just recently got back..so my question is, do yall think its ok if he has something he likes to sleep with, like his blanket and he loves to sleep with his stuffed dog too.

thank yall sooooo much

AmeliaR

Asked by AmeliaR at 12:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My oldest slept with a stuffed cat until he was nine. He would not go to sleep without it. I wouldn't worry, at some point he will quit needing it to sleep with.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:22 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• of course its okay. why wouldnt it be okay!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• sure it is. my son is almost 2 && he has blue polka dot blanket that he likes to sleep with && carry around the house at all times lol. It's not hurting him, so let him have it.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• well someone told me, and i so know that i shouldnt listen to others:(...that my son was gonna be girly, he is not even close to it at alllllll......i mean really, why would you tell someone that? Caleb is only 4, to me..its comfort for him..ya know? my goodness....I just think I am soooooooo a paranoid mama...since have been told my husband and I cant have more kids:(
    AmeliaR

Answer by AmeliaR at 12:28 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• its a comfort object, most kids have them. for me it was a stuffed panda, my brothers it was a blanket and the other was a stuffed barney. for my daughter she has a blanket she has to sleep with, a stuffed elmo, and she has to hold a pacifier, she doesn't actually put it in her mouth, just holds onto it.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:30 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• ok see I am glad yall arent so "judgemental" like some people, I am wow, some of them are way to harsh and the thing is, they probably DONT HAVE KIDS....OOOOO, THEY ARE SOOOO THE WORST ONES
    AmeliaR

Answer by AmeliaR at 12:40 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• my son is 8 he has 2 softies (used to nightgowns, they are silky) and a popo (a bear shaped pillow) he sleeps with these every night, he will not go to sleep without them.
    my daughter is 6 and has a pilly (a pillow) she will not sleep witout it.
    i dont see anything wrong with it. whatever makes them feel good about going to bed works for me
    2barnettkids

Answer by 2barnettkids at 1:18 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• he isn't going to be girly b/c he sleeps with a blanket. That right there is a prime example of just how ignorant people can be. It's not like he is runnin around in a dress && heels. Just ignore people like that. To each his own.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 2:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• it's totally fine. my husband has a cherished teddy that his terminally ill auntie made him when he was small. she passed away when he was 15. he always slept with it til he moved out of his parent's place. 'bunzo' now has a special place on the shelf in our closet. he isn't deranged or anything for it. your son will grow out of it sooner or later.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Both of my kids have "lovies" that they sleep with. My daughter is 6 and my son will be 4 in a couple of weeks. They both have certain blankets they like to be covered with and my daughter has "lamb-y" whose ears she rubs until she falls asleep. My son has "worm-y" and "monkey" and he hangs on to them. There is nothing at all wrong with it. These things comfort them in the night.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 1, 2009